Santa Theresa Tile Works, Tucson, AZ
Feb. 9-11, 2018
Kat Kirby, instructor
Join mixed media artist and workshop facilitator Kat Kirby at Santa Theresa Tile Works for a 3-day mosaics/mixed-media extravaganza!
Choose from a selection of materials, and learn how to use non-traditional mosaic pieces to create a one-of-a-kind creative masterpiece.
Kat will guide you through the process with her gentle teaching style. Using a variety of cutting tools and adhesives, you will work with strung beads, individual beads and gems, costume jewelry, glass tiles, mirror pieces and much more, to create your vision on a bottle.
We will work from 10am – 4pm each day, with time set aside at the end of each session for my group ritual, a “gallery crawl”, to see what everyone has been up to and to share ideas, techniques, and feedback (of course, only if you want to!)
Join Kat for a couple of hours at her favorite Bead Shows during a long lunch on Friday. That way you can purchase other items to use in your project if you wish.
Most materials and supplies are provided; however, if you have your own wheeled cutters, eye protection, dental picks, grout tools, tweezers, gloves etc, and want to use them, please bring them along. Also bring with you some glass tiles and other treasures you want to add to your piece. I will have some for sale if you can’t find any or can’t travel with them.
The cost for this 3-day workshop is $510.00, plus a kit fee of $40.00 payable to Kat on the first day.
The kit includes:
- a glass bottle
- a tray to work on and keep
- 2 different adhesives
- popsicle sticks
- some strung beads and mirror tiles
- a little bling
- a few metal items and treasures
To bring with you:
Let me know if you are unable to bring any of these and I will provide them for you – some will add an additional charge.
- Wheeled nippers (I will bring several for you to borrow)
- Dental pick tools
- Strung beads (on string, not plastic)
- Gems (half marbles)
- Costume jewelry – use your 40% off coupons at Michael’s and Joann’s, or head to yard sales and thrift shops
- Mirror tiles
- Van Gogh tiles – here’s a good source for these: https://www.witsendmosaic.com/category/Van-Gogh-Glass-Tile/24
- Eye protection
- Small charms and treasures
- A container for mixing grout (yogurt container size)
- An apron or old shirt
I will have some tools and beads for sale at the workshop, and please see if you can arrive a day or so early to shop till you drop at the Bead shows!
Also, please know that hotels and Airbnbs often charge more during this time, so book your place early!
Already registered? Pay your balance due here.
Pay Balance Due
* current registrants pay their balance due here