A creative mixed-media workshop at 2KatStudios ~ March 3-4, 2018
In this two-day class students will create a beautiful and unique three-dimensional box. Each side of the box provides an opportunity to explore a variety of mixed media and polymer clay techniques.
We will cover stamping into clay, painting on the raw clay surface, embedding a variety of objects into clay, easy transfers, gold leaf and collage on clay.
There are so many surfaces just waiting to be transformed including the box top and the legs. In addition to polymer clay techniques we will also cover mixed media techniques like using stencils and rubber-stamping on the wood surfaces.
Students will leave class with an incredible art piece that is both beautiful and functional and ready to hold a special treasure.
Student Supply List
- 6 small (2 oz.) packages of either Premo or Sculpey III polymer clay.
Please make sure the clay is somewhat soft before buying (should be able to dent it with your thumb) and condition it prior to class by kneading it until softened, rolling it into balls and placing in a baggie to store it. The colors can be of your choosing but make sure to include 1 package of white or light colored clay for transfers.
- Rolling pin or large diameter PVC pipe (1.5 inches in diameter, 10-12 inches long) works too
- A pencil with an eraser
- Paintbrushes to include a one-inch brush and a detail brush
- Small bottle of Weldbond glue (Michaels or Ace Hardware)
- Doo-Dads-like beads, charms, jewelry parts, glass rhinestones, rhinestone chain, ball chain, metal findings, bead caps, wings, crowns, buttons, frames, pearls, tiny mirrors and halos, etc. (see pics for ideas). No plastic adhesive rhinestones!
Weekend workshop fee is $235.00 for this wonderful opportunity to learn from Laurie Mika, author of “Mixed Media Mosaics.” Visit her website.
There is an additional kit fee of $15.00 per student, payable to Laurie at the workshop. The kit includes the box, legs, collage images, transfers, gold leaf, paint, and related supplies.
We will meet from 10am – 4pm both Saturday and Sunday, March 3 and 4. Bring a sack lunch, or plan on visiting one of our nearby fast food places.
Space is limited and I encourage you to register early if this weekend workshop appeals to you! See you then!
Already registered? Pay your balance due here.
Pay Balance Due
* current registrants pay their balance due here