This class is full, please join our wait list.
SoulCollage® Facilitator Training
Kirkridge Retreat Center, Bangor, PA
with Kat Kirby, assisted by Diane Scott and Gina Maguire
October 19-22, 2017
Located on a ridge in Northeast Pennsylvania, overlooking the Delaware Valley, Kirkridge offers a wide expanse of vista and open land to explore. Walk, hike, enjoy the labyrinth, or just sit and observe the sky. We will meet and stay in The Farmhouse at Kirkridge, a rustic building dating back to 1815, with a large kitchen and original rafters, and with an inviting stone hearth. Convenient for both the NY and Philadelphia areas, this Training at Kirkridge might be just what you’ve been waiting for!
SoulCollage® is an intuitive, imaginative process developed by Seena Frost, in which you create a deck of collaged cards, with each card referring to a part of your SELF. By identifying and incorporating all the parts that make up your personality, your talents, strengths, weaknesses, guides, network…you develop a greater understanding and appreciation of how you are one person with many parts; one community within our nation; one world among many solar systems etc. Your deck of cards is your unique reflection of yourself in the world, to be used for meditation and guidance. If you are interested in combining personal growth with the healing power of the arts, then this training could be for you! In this Facilitator Training, you will get a deeper understanding of the many ways to offer SoulCollage® workshops to groups and individuals. Learn how to listen with 2 minds…. the beginner’s mind as well as the Facilitator’s mind. Find out what is involved in creating a safe space for people to do this deep, exploratory, and yet fun process. Although there will be some time for making new cards in the Facilitator Training, this is not a workshop. The focus is on preparing you to be a competent, confident facilitator. You’ll learn how to make the most of your cards. With your own wisdom and intuition, you’ll “read” your cards for guidance and self-knowledge. You will participate in an actual reading, trying all 4 roles (and you will learn more about what these roles are in the training.) Discover ways of asking open-ended questions that cannot be answered with a simple “yes” or “no” answer. With your own wisdom and intuition, you’ll “read” your cards for guidance and self-knowledge. You will participate in an actual reading, trying all 4 roles (and you will learn more about what these roles are in the training.) Discover ways of asking open-ended questions that cannot be answered with a simple “yes” or “no” answer. In the training, you will learn about using the internet and other marketing tools to promote your SoulCollage® offerings; joining and using the Facilitators yahoo group; posting your workshops on the SoulCollage website; organizing an exhibition of SoulCollage cards, and much more. You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the Training. Once you receive your certificate, you may use the SoulCollage® trademark and logo in doing individual or group work according to the Principles of SoulCollage®. Thus, SoulCollage trains, rather than “certifies”, facilitators. To receive a “Certificate of Completion” you must attend all sessions of the training from start to finish.
CEUs – NOW 24!
SoulCollage Inc. (Provider #133654) is approved by the California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists to sponsor continuing education for California licensed LMFTs, MCSWs, LPCCs, and LEPs. SoulCollage Inc. maintains responsibility for this program/course and its content.
Some SoulCollage® Facilitator Training events may be able to award CEUs to LMFTs, MSWs, LPCs, nurses, and psychologists in many other USA states (but if so, only by pre-arrangement with your SoulCollage® Trainer.) Please inquire about the availability of CEUs for a particular Training or a particular license or a particular state by writing to your Trainer.
The ATCB (Art Therapy Credentials Board) has for a long time accepted SoulCollage® Institute and SoulCollage® Facilitator Training CEUs for continuing education credit for ATR-BCs, because these courses were accepted for continuing education credits by the California Board of Behavior Sciences mental health licensure board. Participants who need CEUs for ATR-BC licenses, please check with the ATCB.
For those Boards who may not be familiar with SoulCollage® and its therapeutic benefits, we offer the following supplemental information: DOWNLOAD PDF of general information about the therapeutic benefits of and the content of the SoulCollage® Training or DOWNLOAD THIS PAPER about the theoretical basis and therapeutic elements of the SoulCollage® method. he entire course in this Training is eligible for CEUs as above, except for meal and other breaks. Please contact the administration if you have concerns or grievances.
More Information about the SoulCollage® Training for Professionals
- Prepare therapists to facilitate SoulCollage® competently and confidently with clients (as individuals clients, in groups, and in workshops.)
- Demonstrate to therapists how to use intuition and imagination (utilizing images, gestalt, and community support in the SoulCollage® method) to help clients find meaning and guidance for their lives.
- Demonstrate to therapists the benefits to clients of making and using SoulCollage® cards and to be able to explain and facilitate this method with clients they assess as prospective beneficiaries of the method and to identify in what ways a client might need encouragement to best utilize the method.
- To compile appropriate art therapy materials for SoulCollage® work, so that the client may fully utilize the method to identify images that have meaning for him or herself and create collaged cards from those images.
- To describe and demonstrate how SoulCollage® utilizes intuition and imagination to help clients guide their lives, by using the cards in a gestalt process.
- Ethical principles (scope of competence, scope of practice, safety, non-exploitation of clients, dual relationship) apply to work conducted with the SoulCollage® method.
- To assess which clients might benefit from SoulCollage® and to create a safe container for clients doing SoulCollage® work in individual or group sessions. To prepare a safe and welcoming container for a client from any ethnicity, sexual preference group, gender or religion.
For those Boards who may not be familiar with SoulCollage® and its theoretical basis and therapeutic elements, we offer the following supplemental information. Download PDF.
Please prepare for the training by:
- Reading Seena’s book, “SoulCollage® Evolving”
- Reading Seena’s article “The Transpersonal Cards of the SoulCollage® Deck” (it describes two additional cards which were added after the first book was published.) Here is a link to that article.
- Listening to Seena’s two CDs (Introduction to SoulCollage® and Facilitating SoulCollage® in Groups). Find them here.
- Reading and familiarizing yourself with the “Principles of SoulCollage®” and “Guidelines”, both of which are available on the SoulCollage® website here and here.
- Making a few cards in each suit for your own SoulCollage® deck.
- Experiencing SoulCollage®! Mariabruna Sirabella, SoulCollage® Trainer, has said that making cards without reading them is like preparing a delicious meal and not eating it. We would like you to have enjoyed your meal by:
- Using the “I Am One Who…” exercise with your cards yourself.
- Taking a local workshop if you can find one, or a recorded course if you can’t find a local one.
If you can’t find a SoulCollage® Introductory workshop near you… You can take a recorded video course which will give you a sense of the deep potential of the SoulCollage® process in community and also give you some valuable basic information. There are two “Fundamentals of SoulCollage®” courses to choose from online:
- The Fundamentals of SoulCollage® with Mariabruna Sirabella
- The Fundamentals of SoulCollage® with Kat Kirby
If you decide to sign up for this Training, please schedule your time to complete these prerequisites. Your Trainer and your Training colleagues will appreciate that you have completed the basics before you come.
These preparations are essential so that you have experienced your own card-making process before embarking on the training to teach and facilitate others.
No degree or certification is required to take this training.
Kat Kirby will lead you through the training weekend, using her unique, warm, encouraging style and her experience of facilitating SoulCollage® workshops over the past 11 years. Trained by Seena Frost, birth mother of SoulCollage®, Kat is Dean of the SoulCollage® Institute, leader of retreats, and mentor of Graduate Expressive Art Therapy students at Prescott College. Her expertise in the field of Art Therapy helps her to explain some of the reasons why SoulCollage® is such a useful addition to anyone’s creative tool box in the fields of teaching, counseling, nursing, therapy and more. Kat has trained over 190 Facilitators since 2009.
Kirkridge is in the Stroudsburg/Delaware Water Gap area of Northeast Pennsylvania, within about a 2-hour drive from Manhattan or Philadelphia. The retreat center is in a peaceful location, overlooking the Delaware Valley. All rooms have twin or full sized beds. There are 7 private baths shared among our participants, and sinks in each bedroom. We have a limited number of single rooms, so please book early if that is your preference. NOTE: We now only have shared rooms available.
The Training fee of $690.00 includes all workshop sessions, all supplies and materials, training manual, and much more. Housing and meals for the 4 days and 3 nights are provided at Kirkridge for a separate cost of $390.00 for a shared room.
What’s included in this Training Fee:
• The SoulCollage® Facilitator Training Manual • An abundance of blank cards and images • Three healthy and delicious breakfasts, four lunches and three dinners • Coffee, tea, water and healthy snacks • All training sessions • A one-year membership in the SoulCollage® professional organization, the SoulCollage® Facilitators’ Circle • An invitation to join the collaborative SoulCollage® Facilitator list serve (Yahoo group) • Subscription to the SoulCollage® Facilitator monthly e-newsletter, the Neter Letter • An invitation to join your local SoulCollage Facilitator Network, (if there is one in your area!) • Follow up support from Kat
A full refund, less a $100 processing fee, will be given at the cancellation of a SoulCollage® Facilitator Training registration as long as the cancellation is received up to one month prior to the training. No refund or credit is given for cancellations made with less than one-month notice, if you fail to attend, or if you leave the event early, unless someone is able to take your place at short notice from our waiting list. Some exceptions may be made for sudden incapacitating illness or family emergencies, depending on our agreement with the venue. You might be able to apply a partial credit toward another SoulCollage® Facilitator Training led by Kat Kirby within the next 12 months. If you must make a last minute cancellation, you also have the option of offering your payment toward a scholarship fund, which we are building to support the work.
Other Helpful Information
This class is full, please join our wait list.
* This intimate and unique training experience is limited to 12 – 16 participants, so sign up soon! Your space is reserved as soon as you pay your deposit.
* Our first session will start promptly at 3 p.m. on Thursday October 20. The Training will end on Sunday October 23 at 1:00pm.
To register, fill in the application form below. Once you fill in all your information, select the amount you will pay today. Your choices include the deposit or full payment. You can include your room and board payment also. The total payment will appear at the bottom.
OR, you may send your registration information to: Kat Kirby 3251 S. Burro Drive Prescott, AZ 86305 …along with a $200.00 deposit check or for the full amount (balance due 4 weeks before beginning of training.)
My Trainings usually fill quickly, and we have a limited number of spaces (12-16) so please register early to be guaranteed a place for the Kirkridge Training! Please contact Kat if you have any questions.
Disclaimer: Kat Kirby reserves the right to cancel any workshops or training courses, or the participation of anyone, at any time, for any reason. In such a case, fees paid in advance will be reimbursed.
“I have gained confidence in the process and foundation of SoulCollage®. I feel empowered to go forward and begin workshops. I feel blessed and very excited!”
– Carolyn M.
“Thank you for allowing a safe space for us. Thank you for one more piece of my soul puzzle.”
– Robin S.
“It has been a meaningful, gentle process, like a warm pool – starting in the shallow end, and you walk as deep as you can!”
– Bonnie B.
“Kat is a true inspiration and guiding light. She has a fabulous sense of humor and a tremendous command of the body of knowledge.”
– Seena E.
“I have gained the confidence to bring SoulCollage® to my community. My questions have been answered and the resources that are available will help me to move forward.”
– Marie H.